Blogs and News
No18 Signs Up To Battersea Power Station
Battersea Power Station is pleased to announce that the remaining 40,000 square feet of office space within the Power Station itself has been leased to members club, No18, which will sit next door to Apple in the iconic building, when it opens in 202
First venue secured by No18 in the UK
Members club to create bespoke workspace offering called The Engine
More than half of commercial space in the Power Station now taken
Office space now fully pre-let; retail and leisure space is now actively
Battersea Power Station is set to become the centre of one of London’s
most exciting tech and media districts 20 August 2018
CGI view into The Engine Room, the No18 members club space at Battersea Power Station.
No18 is a cosmopolitan members club for businesses with beautifully designed lounges, meeting rooms and high-end workspaces tailored to support all its members’ needs. It currently has two venues in Stockholm, Sweden. Since becoming part of IWG, a global operator of leading workspace companies that has a presence in over 110 countries, No18 has also secured a presence in the US and Switzerland during a gradual global rollout. As part of its expansion plans, the company has now secured its first presence in the UK.
No18 will create a bespoke offering for the Power Station called The Engine Room. Set over two floors overlooking the light-filled southern atrium, it will look down into the two turbine halls that will house over 100 shops and restaurants for occupiers to enjoy. No18 members will also be sharing the building with Apple, the anchor office tenant, and residents living in the Power Station’s new homes.
No18 provides a home for a rewarding business lifestyle. The company’s venues are akin to a blend of workspace and residence, with common areas featuring a unique eclectic aesthetic - serving as spectacular co-working spaces and casual meeting spots - and offices featuring the best conditions for work performance and potential for individual adjustments.
Of the one million square feet of commercial space available in the Power Station building, 52% has now been let as office space, with the retail and leisure space now actively pre- letting. Battersea Power Station is working closely with a wide collection of heritage and emerging retail brands from the UK and across the globe to complement its vision for the 1930s and 1950s turbine halls and looks forward to announcing some of the brands that will also be calling the Power Station home.
Andrew Hilston, Head of Leasing at Battersea Power Station Development Company (BPSDC), said:
“On behalf of our Shareholders, we’re very excited to welcome No18 to the remaining space in the Power Station as their first UK venue and believe this bespoke concept will offer an extraordinary place to work and do business.
“With Apple’s new London campus and now No18’s innovative, design-led offering moving here, Battersea Power Station is set to become the centre of one of the London’s most exciting tech and media districts. Having these two brands signed up forms a strong base for the rest of the 750,000 sq ft office space which will be delivered in our future phases.”
Michel Gordin, CEO and Founder of No18, said:
"Battersea Power Station is a global icon. We believe it is the perfect fit for us – a place brimming with stories, where heritage meets novelty. We will be bringing The Engine Room, a concept that will complement the architecture of the Power Station building and provide a breath-taking environment – a true experience to visit – in which businesses and individuals can thrive in pursuit of the next big innovation.
“We believe this location fits our ethos to create a sanctuary where productivity, inspiration, and style converge. We are excited to be a part of it and to open our doors.”
The Engine Room will be an exciting members club and workspace, benefiting from excellent facilities such as fantastic lounge spaces with a central bar and café; a variety of co-working spaces, modern offices and meeting rooms; an events venue; and various client services.
The Grade II* listed Power Station building, designed by WilkinsonEyre, is the second phase of the Battersea Power Station regeneration project, which will create one of the most exciting
neighbourhoods in the world. It is located on the Thames riverside, minutes from Battersea Park to the west and the new US Embassy in the Nine Elms development area to the east. Battersea Power Station already has its own River Bus pier with frequent services to the West End, the City and further afield, and it will soon have its own Zone 1 Underground station. The first phase, Circus West Village, is already open with thousands of residents having moved in. The shops, bars and restaurants are open for business and there has been strong interest in the Power Station retail space.
At least another 750,000 square feet of offices will be available in future phases of the development.
The Malaysian shareholders of the Battersea Power Station project are committed to giving back to the communities in which they operate. They recognise the importance of creating shared value, and this is embedded in all their undertakings to ensure that they contribute to building a harmonious and considerate community.
Follow @BatterseaPwrStn to keep up with the latest news and events at Battersea Power Station and visit batterseapowerstation.co.uk to find out more.
Visit no18.com to find out more about the Swedish company’s unique, inspirational clubs and workspaces.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Press Office, Battersea Power Station Development Company
T: +44 (0) 20 7062 1870
About Battersea Power Station:
● Battersea Power Station is one of central London’s largest, most visionary and eagerly anticipated new town centres in which roughly half the development will consist of shops, restaurants and office space. In addition, there will be a six-acre public park, a town square and a new tube station (scheduled to be within Zone 1).
● The Battersea Power Station project covers 42 acres and includes 3.5m sq ft of mixed commercial space, together with 4,364 new homes.
● The successful regeneration of Battersea Power Station will create 20,000 new jobs, inject £20bn into the UK economy and create a funding mechanism for the first major tube line extension since the Millennium. A new NHS medical facility is also being built.
● The Battersea Power Station Foundation supports local charities and community projects. Over £4.5m has been awarded since it launched in 2016; the largest grant awarded was to Battersea Arts Centre for £305,000.
● Circus West Village is the neighbourhood centre for the first part of the development. It opened to the public in Spring 2017 and since then over 700,000 people have visited to enjoy the ongoing programme of events and the new shops and restaurants.
● Residents started to move in to Circus West early in 2017 and continue to do so. The Village Hall, a new performance space, has opened at Circus West Village and a new MBNA Thames Clippers River Bus service commenced on 1 November 2017.
● The Battersea Academy of Skills Excellence (BASE), the development company’s bespoke jobs and training service created for those living locally, was launched in 2016. It is
focused on matching people with jobs at Battersea as well as providing training relevant to
the job pipeline at the development.
● Battersea Power Station is owned by a consortium of Malaysian investors comprised of
Sime Darby Property, S P Setia and the Employees’ Provident Fund. Management of the development is being undertaken by the British-based Battersea Power Station Development Company.
● No18 provides a home for a rewarding business lifestyle. It is a cosmopolitan members club for businesses with beautifully designed lounges, meeting rooms and high-end workspaces tailored to support all our members’ needs. It’s a truly rewarding setting for both work and leisure, and a place to call home.
● Our venues are akin to a blend of workplace and residence, with common areas featuring a unique eclectic aesthetic - serving as spectacular co-working spaces and casual meeting spots - and offices featuring the best conditions for work performance and potential for individual adjustments.
● No18 was founded in 2012 in the heart of Stockholm’s fashion and finance district
● We offer a range of options to satisfy everyone’s personal work style – including lounges,
meeting rooms, co-working spaces and private offices that can be customised to suit
● Our holistic philosophy focuses on work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle.
● Our venues are destinations during the day and night, with regular events hosted at
● No18 is known for its expressive, eclectic aesthetic, featuring curated environments filled
with a plethora of art and design pieces from the past and present.