About The Chamber
THE WANDSWORTH COAT OF ARMS
Wandsworth Chamber of Commerce is a network of local business people who come together to further business interests in the borough.
The present Chamber was formed from the three previous Chambers of Wandsworth, Battersea and Balham & Tooting when the boroughs were merged in 1965. It has been working to promote business in the expanded borough, the largest in Inner London. The Committee is principally made up of local businessmen and representatives from Wandsworth Council and local institutions.
We are part of London's Local Chambers of Commerce Forum, which has been set up to bring chambers across London in closer communication and to share ideas and aspirations.
Wandsworth was once the heart of industrial activity with mills along the banks of the River Wandle. The Borough has one of the country's oldest brewing sites at the Ram Brewery site and a hubbub of factories used to line the banks of the Thames. With the decline of manufacturing, the borough has been transformed into a hive of small businesses, serving not just the residents of its rapidly growing population but providing services to other local businesses, the City and West End, and much further afield. With over 13,000 VAT payers in the Borough, it has one of the largest communities of small businesses of any equivalent area in the country.
Many businesses cannot just thrive on the entrepreneurship of their owners and desire mutual self-help. The Chamber has a track record of helping local businesses to develop business relationship and meet key stakeholders for this purpose.
The Wandsworth Chamber Logo Design Concept
The key aims of the chamber are to:
- represent businesses in the London Borough of Wandsworth
- support their interests and represent their views locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
- promote, foster and encourage their welfare and development
- and to do all other things which seem to be incidental or conducive to these objects
The Chamber is a democratic, transparent accountable organisation. It subscribes to the highest standards of best practice as expressed in the Cadbury rules and the Nolan principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, honesty and leadership.
We have created and broad portfolio of support for businesses within the borough to enable them to succeed and grow.
- The Wandsworth Chamber holds over 60 networking events annually and these events connect business with Key Stakeholders, potential customers, partners and suppliers
- Members' details appear on the City Local Wandsworth Directory and on the Chamber website giving added exposure to Wandsworth Residents and hundreds of companies who access these sources of information
- Members can post Offers on the Chamber website which are emailed to members free of charge every Thursday
- Members can use Chamber's news channels to promote their businesses with free editorials and advertising.
- The Chamber has a close relationship with all the local papers leading to suitable stories being regularly placed free of charge.
- Members can use the 'Trusted Chamber Member' logo on their websites and in marketing messages
- Members have access to business support including, 1-2-1 business clinics, workshops, seminars and Masterclasses
Be a part of the business community - Join Wandsworth Chamber today
Why not give yourself a helping hand, Join the Chamber today and be a part of your business community, attending as many local events and activities as you wish.